Η Πρόταση
Πρωταντικρίζοντας το μουτράκι της, τα έχασα. Κοιμόμουνα και ξυπνούσα με τη σκέψη της, μάρτυς μου ο Βελζεβούλης. Στο γιαπί, αυτήν είχα στο νου μου ώσπου μια δόση, εκεί που μερεμέτιζα σκαρφαλωμένος σε μια σκαλωσιά, παραπάτησα και γκρεμίστηκα. Να σακατευτώ κόντεψα για χάρη της.
![]() |
| “The Proposal”, a photo-collage by Raskolnick; Right part, Ralph Gibson Photography; Left part Unidentified Photographer |
"The Proposal" (Originally written in Greek)
The moment I laid eyes on her pretty little mug, I lost it. Sleeping and waking up with her on my mind, the Devil be my witness. At the construction site, she was all I could think about until one day, patching things up high on a scaffold, I slipped and crashed down. I damn near crippled myself for her.
For three weeks I lay bandaged in the hospital, her image haunting and comforting me all at once. When I was finally let out, I'd made up my mind.
Limping, crooked, ribs still aching, I went to find her, to hand her my heart.
She stared at me, dumbfounded, then started snickering, hissing like a viper that I wasn't in her league. The blood rushed to my head. I grabbed her by the throat. I didn't even realize how it happened.
★★★

Σχόλια
Δημοσίευση σχολίου